Sign up for a FREE 4-week trial^ of Morningstar Investor
Discover new investments, track & analyse your portfolio, and navigate market shifts with a FREE 4-week trial^ of Morningstar Investor, our flagship subscription product for Individual Investors. No credit card required.
The ideal companion for your investing journey.
Access our top stock, ETF and fund picks; analyst ratings and commentary on over 1,600 companies; plus data on over 48,000 global securities.
Keep track of investments easily with a consolidated view and full analysis of your portfolio, along with streamlined reporting.
Make sense of market events with regular articles, videos & research reports from our independent analysts and editorial team.
Unlock Morningstar Investor for free with a FREE 4-week trial^
Find investment opportunities which fit your needs with our equities, ETFs, Funds and Hybrids coverage.
- Access qualitative analyst research on more than 1,600 stocks, forward-looking ratings on over 3,000 ETFs and managed funds, plus data on over 48,000 global securities
- Access our top equity picks, including sustainable dividend generating stocks, 5-star Australian and global stocks, 5-star Australian and global listed property stocks, sustainable investing stocks and more
- Easy-to-use, customisable filters to quickly identify investments which suit your goals
- Stock filter options include sector, market cap, dividend yield, franking percentage, payout ratio, Morningstar rating, economic moat, price/earnings ratio, return on equity, annualised return and more
- ETF and Fund filter options include yield, total cost ratio, annualised return, category, management style, Morningstar analyst rating, sustainability rating and more
- Keep an eye on price movements and Morningstar ratings as you wait for a more compelling opportunity with a customisable watchlist
No credit card needed.
Track & analyse investments
Morningstar Investor includes complimentary access to Sharesight’s Investor Plan, one of Australia’s leading portfolio trackers (valued up to $464.04 p.a.) Sharesight’s integration into Morningstar Investor’s portfolio manager allows you to:
- Track all of your investments in a single location
- Easy dividend tracking with corporate actions automatically incorporated in portfolio reports
- An integration with Morningstar’s data and research: garner insights on your holdings from our team of equity and fund analysts
- Know your portfolio's true performance with daily price & currency updates
- Save time during tax time with streamline portfolio and tax reporting
- Know your exposure: Take a deep dive into your portfolio with Morningstar’s Portfolio X-Ray – get region, sector and style breakdowns
- Stay on top of your investments with email alerts for new corporate events, sudden movements in price, plus a weekly portfolio performance summary
No credit card needed.
Already a Sharesight user? We’ll pick up your bill (up to the value of the Investor Plan)
Our journalists in Australia, North America and Europe deliver insights from our wide breadth of equity, fund and ETF research, our in-house behavioural science researchers and our investment management team.
- A view on markets and investing focused on sound analysis rather than snap reactions to market events
- Access to our latest equity, fund and ETF research
- Commentary and insights on latest economic, political and business news
Learn to invest
Knowledge is the foundation of independence. Access to educational webinars and investing guides covering a wide range of topics. These are designed for both novice investors and experienced investors looking to review key foundational topics.
- Discover strategies to build wealth via stock, fund and ETF investing
- Learn fundamental frameworks for successful long-term investing
- How to build a portfolio aligned to your goals
Morningstar Guide to Income Investing
Morningstar Guide to Selecting Investments
Morningstar Guide to Investing for Women
Morningstar Guide to ETF Investing
Morningstar Guide to Portfolio Construction
Morningstar Guide to Share Investing
Morningstar Guide to Fund Investing
Morningstar Guide to International Investing
We contextualise day to day market movements with our view of the overall market valuation so you can focus on the long-term investment opportunity.
- Explore index, commodity and currency changes
- See the current price to fair value of each market we cover along with the valuation from a year ago
Frequently Asked Questions
➣ Why does Morningstar’s ratings on my broker platform differ from the ones in Morningstar Investor
The research that you receive through your Morningstar Investor Membership is qualitative—our analysts have rated the stock and provided input and opinion to the final fair value. The research that you access through your broker is quantitative in nature – what this means is that the fair value is decided based on data inputs and algorithms, without weigh in from our analysts.
This is why the research and ratings may differ between your membership and your broker.
Morningstar Investor is not a broker service – it offers a different service to your broker – focusing on providing investors a holistic portfolio management tool that helps you track, monitor and maintain your investments.
➣ I receive Morningstar ratings for free from my broker. How is this product different? What is the difference if I access it directly?
The level of access to Morningstar ratings and data differs broker to broker, but in most instances, the ratings that you receive free from your broker are quantitative in nature. This means that fair value (the long-term intrinsic value of a share) that is assigned to a share is calculated based on an algorithm. As part of Morningstar Investor, you receive access to qualitative analyst research on more than 1600 stocks, forward-looking ratings on over 3,000 ETFs and managed funds.
Morningstar Investor is a holistic solution that is focused on the investor, and not the investment. It offers access to ratings, as mentioned, and data on over 48,000 securities. It also includes analyst insights and editorial thought leadership, including forecasts for ASX/200 stocks and popular investing newsletter Your Money Weekly.
As part of your subscription, you also receive access to a Portfolio Manager that is powered by award winning Portfolio Tracker, Sharesight and integrated with Morningstar research and data. This is accompanied by a suite of tools and calculators to help investors reach their investing goals, including goal calculators, asset allocation models, ETF model portfolios and more.
➣ Is Morningstar Investor a broker service?
Morningstar Investor does not offer investors the ability to trade securities.
➣ What if I already have Sharesight subscription?
If you already have a Sharesight subscription, we will pick up your bill (up to the value of the Investor Plan). For existing Sharesight subscribers, you are able to link your existing account to your Investor subscription. If you are on the monthly investor plan, the billing will be directed to Morningstar from the following month. If you are on an annual plan, the next annual payment will be paid directly by Morningstar. If you are on a higher priced plan you will be charged the difference between the investor plan cost and your plan.
Reach your investment goals with the help of Morningstar Investor
Investing is a journey. Morningstar Investor is designed to be your companion along that journey.
Start Your FREE 4-Week Trial^ Now
We’re all in for investors.
Morningstar is a leading source of independent investment research for stocks, funds, ETF's, credit, and LIC's as well as financial data, news, investing tools.
It started with an idea—one great idea from a 27-year-old stock analyst. Joe Mansueto thought it was unfair that people didn’t have access to the same information as financial professionals. So he hired a few people and set up shop in his apartment—to deliver investment research to everyone. We didn’t know then what the company would look like today, but we knew the commitment to our mission—to empower investor success—wouldn’t change. Now, we operate through wholly- or majority-owned subsidiaries in 32 countries. We’ve empowered investors all over the world, and we’re continuing to look for new ways to help people achieve financial security.
Our research is independent, which means we do not charge or accept payment or commissions from fund managers, listed companies or other product issuers to produce research on their products. Our mission remains true today, 39 years after that one great idea – we believe in the democratization of investment information, research and data. Our mission is at the core of everything we do – to empower investor success.
^This offer is for a 4-week trial period of Morningstar Investor that is limited to new clients and cannot be used in combination with any other promotional offers and cannot be used to extend an existing Investor Membership. One free trial per household. Morningstar is licensed to provide our subscription service to Australian residents only.
Financial investment involves the risk of loss.
© 2023 Morningstar, Inc. All rights reserved. Neither Morningstar, its affiliates, nor the content providers guarantee the data or content contained herein to be accurate, complete or timely nor will they have any liability for its use or distribution. This report has been prepared for clients of Morningstar Australasia Pty Ltd (ABN: 95 090 665 544, AFSL: 240892) and/or New Zealand wholesale clients of Morningstar Research Ltd, subsidiaries of Morningstar, Inc. Any general advice has been provided without reference to your financial objectives, situation or needs. For more information refer to our Financial Services Guide at www.morningstar.com.au/s/fsg.pdf. You should consider the advice in light of these matters and if applicable, the relevant Product Disclosure Statement before making any decision to invest. Our publications, ratings and products should be viewed as an additional investment resource, not as your sole source of information. Morningstar’s full research reports are the source of any Morningstar Ratings and are available from Morningstar or your adviser. Past performance does not necessarily indicate a financial product’s future performance. To obtain advice tailored to your situation, contact a financial adviser. Some material is copyright and published under licence from ASX Operations Pty Ltd ACN 004 523 782.